Sunday, March 10, 2019

Beginnings

I've been sailing 18 footers for 9 seasons now. It's been quite a steep learning curve, and there is still a lot to learn.
As all things, if you don't record what you learn, you will eventually unlearn them, and so I have decided to create this blog with two things in mind:
- Create a record for myself of the learnings week-in, week-out as I campaign on these complex beasts in Sydney Harbour; and
- Add a bit of a knowledge base for these boats which does not seem to exist in any aggregated form, as far as I can see.

Hopefully I will keep logging consistently throughout the off-season (the 2018/19 season is almost finished) as I turn my mind to certain aspects of the boat, and work through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Starting Point - Masts and Sails

So you've been given an 18ft skiff by the 18 footers club and you are about to start a campaign. Congrats, you just entered one of the m...